This week we learn about how walking enhances creativity, power posing, and why arguing with your teenager may be a good idea.
- Amy Cuddy
- Power-Posing TED Talk
- Zurich study on power posing
- Amy Cuddy's meta-analysis
- Data Colada article on power posing
- Photo of power poses
- Placebos without Deception: A Randomized Controlled Trial in Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Cultured bacteria from the hand of an eight-year-old
- Ig Nobel Price
- An analysis of the forces required to drag sheep over various surfaces
- Are cows more likely to lie down the longer they stand?
Tom is a PhD student in the Cognitive Science department of UCSD, where he uses computational methods and neural recordings to investigate how the brain communicates with itself. He did a Cognitive Science Bachelor's degree at McGill University and has research experience in neuroimaging and language studies. Outside of being a science nerd, he enjoys travel and music.
Andrew is a freelance writer and editor living in New York City. He graduated in 2012 with a dual degree in English and Cognitive Science from the University of Georgia.